We exist to proclaim the Gospel through partnering with churches to make disciples and equip leaders.
Our Guiding Principles:
Love God – Love People – Be a Servant
At Crossings and, most importantly, as followers of Christ, we believe that there is no greater calling than what Jesus states as the greatest commandment: to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind; and to love your neighbor as yourself. Framing these words, “Love God, Love People, and Be a Servant,” around a triangle helps to remind us of His great calling. We simply call this “living out the triangle.”
Love God – Abide
We want to Love God by ABIDING in Him. John 15 says that if we desire to grow in our relationship and in our love for Christ we must abide in Him. We realize that we cannot accomplish anything at all without abiding in Christ.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5 (ESV)
Love People – Humble
We want to Love People by being humble. Jesus has set the standard for loving people; he humbled Himself by becoming a man, ultimately dying on a cross. We realize that in this same HUMILITY we are to consider others better than ourselves (Philippiams 2).
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus…” Philippians 2:4-5
Be a Servant – Be
We want to BE a servant to God and people. Christ has set the example: Though He was God, He did not cling to His rights as God. He made himself nothing and took the humble position as a servant (Philippians 2). We realize that by being a servant, we willingly give up our rights, becoming available to serve anyone at anytime, not limited by selfish desires – all for God’s glory.
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in all the Law?’ Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matthew 22:37-40 (ESV)
Our Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
Crossings is affiliated with the Kentucky Baptist Convention. We have entered into a covenant agreement with the Convention to share similar beliefs and doctrine. The Cooperative Program, as supported by Baptist churches, helps to fund a portion of Crossings’ budget. We are grateful for this partnership and the support of our local churches.
*While affiliated with the Baptist Convention, Crossings attendance and involvement is open to all groups and individuals who share our beliefs.