Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Kitchen Manager will assist the Food & Beverage Manager to create a distraction free food and beverage service experience and ensure the execution of safe and healthy meals to our guests. This includes leading and developing seasonal staff to deliver meals that exceed our guest’s expectations and has an emphasis on managing the kitchen (“back of house,” food prep, proofing, thermalizing, presenting, etc.). Position will be salaried and hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and guests
- Basic skills in using a word processor and/or spreadsheet, ie. Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of food service equipment pertaining to proper utilization and cleaning
- Ability to implement the effective organization of product inventory
- Ability to create/implement concise recipe guides for food service staff
- Ability to create/maintain records/schedules for staff, product, usage, cleaning, prep, etc.
- Have a strong desire to work with college students and shepherd them during the summer/retreat season. Create an environment where summer staff are encouraged and desire to serve others by working in the kitchen.
- Have a heart to teach and instruct with a proper food safety/ kitchen mindset.
The Collegiate Program Intern would work at the Central Offie as part of our Program Administration team. This position is part time up to 30 hours per week from August thru mid-May. Starting mid-May thru July 31 this position would relocate to one of the properties during the summer and work full time during the camp season to facilitate student camping. Employment period is May 15, 2017 through July 31, 2018. The intern would have the below responsibilities and priorities:
- Assist in recruiting and hiring summer camp staff, including travel to college campus BCM programs and the annual BCM Converge conference.
- Assist in the development and execution of camp programming, primarily planning and executing senior nights.
- Find and research opportunities for Crossings Ministries to partner with Kentucky Baptist Convention BCM programs.
- Coordinate with BCM Campus Missionaries to connect high school students/campers with KBC campus ministries.
- Assist in the spiritual development and maturity of camp summer staffers.
- Participate in all intern development activities and programming.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by Director of Programming.
- Assist planning and execution of the Converge conference.
- Meet regularly with BCM administration to find creative ways to advance their programs.
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Facilities Intern is responsible for supporting the Director in maintaining all building facilities, grounds and equipment on property through both ongoing repairs and preventative maintenance. This is a full time position with appropriate housing and benefits. Hours will be determined by the season of the year. Employment period is May 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018.
- Upholding excellence in adherence to (and development of) procedural and safety policies and standards
- Lead seasonal staff and volunteers to execute safety and excellence to create a distraction free experience for guests
- Assist Director in cost-efficient operation by stewarding inventory, proper equipment use, etc.
- Ongoing and proactive evaluation of quality and safety as it relates buildings/grounds to our staff and guests
The Baptist Haiti Mission Interns will be responsible for aiding the US office in state-side promotion of BHM, short-term missions coordination, and various other projects. This person will work at the BHM office in Louisville, KY and will operate within the parameters of Crossings’ wider internship program.
- Assist in the promotion of child sponsorships, short term mission trips, and BHM in general.
- Run BHM exhibits at various schools and churches as needed.
- Work on special BHM projects as as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of short term mission trips.