Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets, and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Facilities Director is responsible for maintaining all building facilities, grounds, and equipment on the Jonathan Creek property through both on-going repairs and preventative maintenance. This is a full-time position with appropriate housing and benefits. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Wastewater plant operation, maintenance and administrative oversight
- Development of systematic and organized general and preventive maintenance practices
- On-going and proactive evaluation of quality and safety as it relates buildings/grounds to our staff and guests
- Organization and oversight of subcontractors/vendors to accomplish on-going tasks, small projects, and renovations as well as major construction projects and building replacements where Crossings acts as the General Contractor
- Full-Time Staff, Seasonal Staff and Volunteer management in order to complete the following:
- General Building Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Grounds-keeping, Maintenance Requests from Guests, Vehicle and Equipment maintenance
- Learn More
We are seeking a highly-skilled, proactive Senior Accountant to play a key role in recording, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on financial and general ledger data. This position will prepare financial statements and other reports, record accounts payable, process payments, maintain subsidiary fixed asset systems, and reconcile the general ledger accounts.
Essential Job Functions
- Applying accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
- Responsibility for monthly account reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries for transactions including but not limited to accruals, payroll, depreciation, prepaids, and debt.
- Entering all accounts payable invoices and vendor payment processing.
- Assisting with overall monthly close process.
- Preparation of financial reporting documents that are needed monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
- Assisting with annual audit by preparing financial information and supporting schedules.
- Performing account analysis including budget to actual variance and fluctuation analysis.
- Assisting with process improvement and accounting policies/procedures documentation.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 3+ years of either public or private accounting experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and applications of accounting principles.
- Expertise in Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Quickbooks is desirable.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Affirm and hold to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
- A pro-active demeanor along with a strong work ethic.
IT Manager will lead all IT needs including but not limited to server, service and maintain all Crossings computers, and server backup. In addition, the IT Manager will provide a crucial support role in helping Crossings accomplish its mission by proclaiming the Gospel, seeing lives transformed, growing leaders, and building the church.
- Remains committed to an intimate walk with Christ through personal devotion and regular fellowship with a body of believers
- Displays the Gospel through integrity in business practices
- Demonstrating an attitude of a servant to fellow staff and guests
- Ready to help employees as the primary HR representative
- Looking for ways to make processes more efficient
- Fulfilling daily tasks with joy
Essential Job Functions:
- Service and maintain server and server backup.
- Administration and servicing of Crossings network.
- Serve as liaison with outside vendors that have been contracted to provide computer and technical services.
- Purchasing and maintaining of all crossings computers and printers.
- Assist in programming of summer staff application, Dandy 1, Dandy 2 and other things as needed.
- IT support at camp properties and the central office.
- Responsibility to develop a network security plan to protect our organization from cyber threats and data breaches.
- Assist in the development of Crossings web sites.
- Administrate and maintain communication systems including phones, tablets, computers, etc.
- Competencies in asp.net, classic asp, vbscript, and SQO
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Information Technologies or comparative degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- The person in this position will work in self-motivated, task-oriented, independent office environment.
- This position will occasionally call for travel to the Crossings camps as necessary.
- The person in this position will supervise no one.
- The person in this position will report directly to the Director of Ministry Services.
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater
understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The
Associate Director’s role will often times call for innovative and creative solutions to complex problems that rarely have one right
answer. This role is seen as a partner in ministry along with the director to see the mission of Crossings be lived out on the
property. This will be a full time position with appropriate benefits and housing. This position will be salaried and hours will be
determined by the season of the year.
Gospel displayed as:
❖ Commit to a daily walk with Christ including: reading His Word, praying and regular fellowship with believers
❖ Commit to a consistent attendance in a local body of believers
❖ Commit to regularly sharing your faith
Relationships displayed as:
❖ Commit to build relationships with our entire Crossing’s staff.
❖ Commit to redeem conflict for the benefit of the whole team in way that honors Christ and His Word.
❖ Commit to build relationships with our guests prior to their arrival and while on property.
Excellence displayed as:
❖ Commit to seeking to do everything that we do as unto the Lord.
❖ Commit to help hold accountable each person on our staff to this same level of excellence.
Key areas of responsibility
● Operationally focused on programming and rental group execution
● Represent Crossings to all types of customers (leaders, parents, students) and be determined to proclaim the cause,
missions and values of Crossings.
● Adapt and provide creative solutions to organizational and operational changes that are fast paced within an ever
changing environment while withholding a high standard of excellence and compassion.
● In the absence of the Director, lead in the daily operations of every area of the camp, including: Food Service, Facilities,
Maintenance, Housekeeping, Recreation, Guest Relations, etc.
● Support the Camp Director in successfully maintaining budget items and expenses, presenting a unified front for other
duties that may be assigned and developing future improvement plans for all facilities and grounds.
● Critically think through issues of the overall camp goals and multitask while making decisions in multiple areas of camp.
Learn to see the effects of every decision in all areas of Crossings ie. Jonathan Creek, Central Office, Cedarmore and
Core competencies required
● Ability to develop staff and accomplish excellence through team/delegation approach.
● Knowledge and passion for Crossings vision, mission, tradition and customs.
● Ability to execute all duties in the complete absence of the Camp Director.
● Strong leadership experience within communities and departmental activities.
● Excellent public speaking and salesmanship; ability to communicate clearly and concisely to students and parents.
● Enthusiasm, sense of humor, demonstrate patience and driving when needed, along with a strong work ethic
● Willingness to take on any necessary roles and responsibilities to accomplish a task.
● Confident in conflict management and the ability to redeem it for the good of the whole.
● Highly proficient with standard office software.
● Our guests make significant spiritual decisions while at camp (Salvations, Call to Ministry etc.)
● You seek to maintain relationships with the staff you work with and the guests that you serve. These are measured in
regular performance evaluations as well as on a weekly basis through retreat and camp guest evaluations.
● You seek to maintain excellence in your work. This is measured through the efficient and effective completion of your
work carried out within the “Values” structure listed above (GRE).
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will provide direct support and execution of Crossings’ communications, marketing, and exhibiting strategy.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Work schedule is normal business hours Monday-Friday except when travel is required or special events need staffing.
The employee in this position will demonstrate a convictional commitment to the following:
Crossings Mission Statement: Crossings Ministries exists to proclaim the Gospel and to see God transform lives, growleaders, and partner with the church to the glory of Christ.
The 2000 Baptist Faith and Message: As an agency of the Kentucky Baptist Convention, Crossings Ministries holds to and follows
the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
Essential Job Functions:
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will provide direct support, assistance to, and collaboration with the Communications Director in accomplishing the ministry’s communications and marketing strategy: This will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Digital and Print Marketing — market Crossings products through print, digital, and social media. Must understand and use Google AdWords, Facebook Ads manager, Twitter Cards, etc.
• Exhibiting Staffing and Planning — plan, organize, and staff exhibiting booth. Travel 1-2 times monthly and represent Crossings at the exhibiting booth.
• Administrative Support — process check requests; apply for exhibiting opportunities and complete required paperwork; assist in general communication with Crossings employees; track budgets; etc.
• Copy and Content Editing — write copy for advertising and promotional pieces; compose blog posts and develop content on youth ministry and other ministry related matters; provide editing assistance and support to entire organization.
• Social Media Strategy and Execution— monitor and manage multiple social media channels; plan, write, post, and oversee social media campaigns.
• Graphic Design — Manipulate, edit (sometimes design) graphics with standard programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Pixelmator. Envision support graphics for various communications materials and avenues; direct graphic designers in executing the
• Website Management— post copy and visual materials to website; execute light web design as needed (WordPress/Avada/Visual Composer); manage and oversee web analytics
• Candidate must have 1-2 years relevant experience. Candidates with experience in digital marketing, written communications, and non-profit ministries will be given preference.
• The ideal candidate will hold a degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
Requisite experience may compensate.
• A minimum of 1-year commitment to the position with a 2-3 year commitment preferred.
• Candidate must possess ability to represent Crossings in speech, demeanor, and attitude to outside clients, constituents, and vendors.
• Candidate must be willing and able to travel, sometimes alone, 1-2x a month to our properties or to exhibiting opportunities. Most exhibiting opportunities are regionally located within the midwest. Candidate must attend the Southern Baptist Convention in June and the Kentucky Baptist Convention in November of each year.
• Candidate must show strong technical ability with general computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar programs. Advanced abilities in typesetting within Word Processors is required.
• The person in this position will work in a self-motivated, task-oriented, collaborative office environment. The candidate will work closely and often travel with the Communications Director and Communications Interns.
• The person in this position will travel regularly as noted above.
• The person in this position should be able to excel in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility, ability to decipher between competing priorities, ability to coordinate and collaborate with many people, and oversee multiple projects at one time.
• The person in this position will supervise no one.
• The person in this position will report directly to the Director of Communications.
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Facilities Intern is responsible for supporting the Director in maintaining all building facilities, grounds and equipment on property through both ongoing repairs and preventative maintenance. This is a full time position with appropriate housing and benefits. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Ability to lead by example and coach others to a high level of cleanliness and organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and guests in a fastpaced setting
- Ability to manage schedules, materials and labor to produce quality and timely results
- Working knowledge of hand tools, power tools and basic grounds equipment
- Willingness to be hands on when things need to get done and lead by example
- General knowledge of most and a working knowledge of some of the following:
- Vehicle & Equipment Maintenance & Repair, Small Engine Maintenance & Repair, Groundskeeping, Carpentry,
- Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Utilities (domestic water, wastewater, highvoltage power)
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests which leads to a greater understanding of the Gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Food Service Intern will assist the Food Service Director to create a distraction free dining room experience and ensure the execution of safe and healthy meals to our guests. This includes leading and developing seasonal staff to deliver meals that exceed our guest’s expectations. This will be a oneyear, paid commitment with appropriate housing provided. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Ability to lead by example and coach others to a high level of selfdiscipline, cleanliness and organization
- Desire to spiritually and professionally develop yourself and seasonal staff
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of excellence in a fastpaced environment
- Desire to build relationships with guests to best discern how to exceed their needs and capture their loyalty
- Ability to effectively evaluate situations/staff and discern ways to improve/develop excellence
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Learn More