The Field Director (FD) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Baptist Haiti Mission’s staff, programs, expansions, and execution of its mission. The FD will live in Haiti and directly oversee BHM. The FD must speak Creole or French fluently. In existence for approximately 70 years, Baptist Haiti Mission (BHM) has grown to include a massive nationwide network of churches, schools, a hospital, and numerous other mission endeavors. BHM exists to help strengthen the churches and ministries of BHM with the goal of seeing Haiti transformed by the Gospel.
- Ensure ongoing operational excellence by providing oversight to administrative, financial, and human resource systems.
- Actively engage and support BHM staff and volunteers, sponsors, and partnering organizations.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain BHM leadership team and regularly evaluate program components.
- Measure and evaluate BHM’s success and effectively communicate progress to the board, funders, and other partners.
- Expand BHM revenue-generating activities including, but not limited to, Mountain Maid Self Help Project, hospital, camps and conferences, Master’s program, and other initiatives.
- Coordinate with BHM staff in Louisville to deepen and refine all aspects of communications — from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger mission recognition.
- Continue building partnerships with like-minded evangelical entities, churches, and donors to optimize BHM’s strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain “Business as Mission” initiatives in Haiti.
- Initiate the planning of short-term mission trips in Haiti.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with various Haitian governmental representatives and agencies.
- Learn More
The job of the Property Director is to ensure the safe, effective and efficient use of the property in regards to the ministries, programs, and facilities of camp, through apt leadership, vision and action. The Property Director will recruit, hire, train and lead top quality staff to implement the programs and ministries. The Jonathan Creek Property Director’s role will often times call for innovative and creative solutions to complex problems that rarely have a single answer. This role is seen as a partner in ministry to see the mission of Crossings be lived out on the property. This will be a full time position with appropriate benefits and housing. This position will be salaried and reports to the President.
- Ability to develop staff and accomplish excellence through team/delegation approach.
- Knowledge and passion for Crossings vision, mission, tradition, and customs.
- Strong leadership experience preferably in a camp, conference, or hospitality setting.
- Excellent public speaking and ability to communicate clearly and concisely to staff, students, church leaders and parents.
- Familiarity and awareness of general construction principles and ability to oversee property assets including among others buildings, utilities, roads, vehicles, and wastewater plant.
- A pro-active demeanor along with a strong work ethic.
- Confident in conflict management and the ability to redeem it for the good of the whole.
- Highly proficient with standard office software.
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets, and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Facilities Director is responsible for maintaining all building facilities, grounds, and equipment on the Jonathan Creek property through both on-going repairs and preventative maintenance. This is a full-time position with appropriate housing and benefits. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Wastewater plant operation, maintenance and administrative oversight
- Development of systematic and organized general and preventive maintenance practices
- On-going and proactive evaluation of quality and safety as it relates buildings/grounds to our staff and guests
- Organization and oversight of subcontractors/vendors to accomplish on-going tasks, small projects, and renovations as well as major construction projects and building replacements where Crossings acts as the General Contractor
- Full-Time Staff, Seasonal Staff and Volunteer management in order to complete the following:
- General Building Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Grounds-keeping, Maintenance Requests from Guests, Vehicle and Equipment maintenance
- Learn More
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Associate Food Service Director will assist the Food Service Director to create a distraction free dining room experience and ensure the execution of safe and healthy meals to our guests. This includes leading and developing seasonal staff to deliver meals that exceed our guest’s expectations and has an emphasis on managing the kitchen (“back of house,” food prep, proofing, thermalizing, etc.). This position will be salaried and hours will be determined by the season of the year.
Key areas of responsibility
- Meal Preparation including food prep, proofing and thermalization
- Maintaining cleanliness/organization of entire Dining Hall (front and back of house)
- Food Service staff management
Core competencies required
- Knowledge of food service equipment pertaining to use and cleaning
- Ability to create and/or implement concise recipe guides for food service staff
- Ability to implement effective organization of product
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and guests
- Basic skills in using a word processor and/or spreadsheet, ie. Microsoft Office
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships with our staff and our guests that leads to a greater understanding of the gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Facilities Intern is responsible for supporting the Director in maintaining all building facilities, grounds and equipment on property through both ongoing repairs and preventative maintenance. This is a full time position with appropriate housing and benefits. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Ability to lead by example and coach others to a high level of cleanliness and organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and guests in a fastpaced setting
- Ability to manage schedules, materials and labor to produce quality and timely results
- Working knowledge of hand tools, power tools and basic grounds equipment
- Willingness to be hands on when things need to get done and lead by example
- General knowledge of most and a working knowledge of some of the following:
- Vehicle & Equipment Maintenance & Repair, Small Engine Maintenance & Repair, Groundskeeping, Carpentry,
- Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Utilities (domestic water, wastewater, highvoltage power)
Provide leadership that creates a culture to develop relationships both with our staff and our guests which leads to a greater understanding of the Gospel and seeks to display a level of excellence that anticipates, meets and exceeds our guests’ needs. The Food Service Intern will assist the Food Service Director to create a distraction free dining room experience and ensure the execution of safe and healthy meals to our guests. This includes leading and developing seasonal staff to deliver meals that exceed our guest’s expectations. This will be a oneyear, paid commitment with appropriate housing provided. Hours will be determined by the season of the year.
- Ability to lead by example and coach others to a high level of selfdiscipline, cleanliness and organization
- Desire to spiritually and professionally develop yourself and seasonal staff
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of excellence in a fastpaced environment
- Desire to build relationships with guests to best discern how to exceed their needs and capture their loyalty
- Ability to effectively evaluate situations/staff and discern ways to improve/develop excellence
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Learn More